Please register your child(ren) (by CLICKING ON the BLUE BUTTON on the right side of this page) for a fun and meaningful week where they can travel through time from 1215 A.D., and the Magna Carta, to the Founding Fathers signing our United States Constitution.
Highlights to Experience
• God’s role in the creation of our beloved country.
• Visually travel thru time learning about the Story of the Magna Carta; King John Lackland (who was the brother of Richard, the Lionhearted), first translation of the Bible, first printing press and the stories that go with each of these. We then look at the hardships the Pilgrims had to endure as we travel the road from Tyranny to Liberty.
• You will be making butter as the colonists had to do, grind corn to use for their bread and feed their animals, learning about the work the children had to do and play games the children played.
• In rebellion to the excessive taxes King George III levied on the colonists, you will dress as the patriots did in Indian costumes, go to the ship and toss ALL the tea into the sea.
• You will feel what Gen. Washington’s men felt as they crossed the Delaware River and marched to Trenton in their bare feet because our young country had no money to buy them shoes.
• You will sign your very own Constitution. • During opening ceremonies each day, you will learn about our flag and the history of The Star Spangled Banner.
• We will be visited through out the week by various people from our history. On the last day we are planning a family event with a picnic and special activities.
Where is it held? Cornerstone Baptist Church, 15024 SR 328 Logan Ohio 43138
What is the cost? Liberty Camp is offered for $15 per child, $5 per additional child in the family. A discount will be given for children whose parents volunteer.
When is it held? August 3 – 7 Monday through Friday, 6:15 PM through 9 PM.